Senior Android Developer
We are on the hunt for an innovative and critical thinker to join our Mobile Development team at Marxent. This candidate will lead our team on Android development, thus they must have proven experience and knowledge. We’re a down-to-earth company that makes out-of-this-world software and we’ve found that team members who are humble, supportive, have a sense of humor, and enjoy working and collaborating with others make the most successful additions to the Marxent family. The perfect candidate is a ninja in one or two areas and curious about many others.
On an average week you can expect to:
- Have daily morning stand-up meetings with your team
- Read emails from clients and/or team about priorities, business rules, implementation procedures, questions, etc.
- Program 50 – 80% of the day
- Attend meetings to discuss new features and the implementation processes
- Operate with laptops, keyboards, mice, mobile devices, tablets, and VR headsets such as the Oculus, Hololens, HTC Vive, etc.
- Communicate clearly with team members
- Lead team members on Android best practices
- Lead Android development projects with confidence and expertise
- Must be able to work within a virtual environment, such as a VR headset, with clear vision and depth perception without becoming sick, dizzy, or fainting
- Develop, create, document, and modify projects in various computer programs
- Advanced programming knowledge in:
- Must be able to provide code samples and/or previous work samples to be considered
- Must be able to develop an Android application from start to finish without a lot guidance
- Working experience with any of the following is desired:
- Unity Programming
- Video Game Development
- Agile development knowledge
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years previous work experience as a mobile developer is desired
- No travel is required for this position
- This position is in an open (without cubicles) office facility in Dayton, OH.
Ready to join the Marxent team?
To learn more about our team and company culture, visit marxentlabs.com/jobs. If you’re ready to take the next step, get started by filling out our online preliminary job application.
Marxent is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marxent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marxent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Marxent expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Marxent’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. APPLY NOW