What is the AZEK 3D Room Designer for Web?
The AZEK Building Products Deck Designer allows shoppers to compose their dream deck in real time through a regular web browser. Users can explore a full catalog of 3D products and 360-degree custom project visualizations. Once they’re done designing, the WebGL app exports a bill of goods for use in estimating their final project cost. AZEK debuted the Unity WebGL-based tool to inspire customers to feel more confident when making decisions about a new deck design.
Using online design tools for lead generation? You should know this
When AZEK Building Products began this project, the company already had a functioning Web-based design tool that they depended on for lead generation. The tool required the installation of a browser plug-in to work and therefore didn’t work on Google Chrome. With 80% of AZEK’s customers using Chrome, the tool was impacting their lead generation efforts.
Unified Commerce: Why AZEK chose Marxent’s 3D Room Designer for Web
AZEK was already using Marxent’s 3D Furniture Cloud™ to power their mobile Augmented Reality visualization and configuration app. By taking advantage of the same 3D product catalog that they were using in their mobile app, they were able to replace a key lead generation tool with a best-in-class solution that provided unparalleled realism and consistency across applications – and afforded them significant cost savings.
The new AZEK WebGL deck designer maintains all of the functionality of the previous web application, but with vastly improved accessibility, upgraded 3D products and visualizations, and an accurate bill of goods available at the end of the process. Registration is required to use the app and users are able to save multiple designs to share with friends, family or clients. Now nearly 100 percent of their visitors can access their deck designer, increasing their chances of turning shoppers into buyers.
How to plan a deck project using this app
Using the AZEK Build Products Deck Designer Web desktop app, customers can create a deck from template designs or start from scratch. The app accommodates the entire product catalogs for both AZEK and TimberTech brands, including decking, railing, lighting and more. This immersive design experience gives those considering a home improvement project hands-on control of the product demo, and boosts buyer confidence.
- Start a new project using pre-existing templates or start from scratch
- Select products from TimberTech or AZEK brands
- Use point and click sizing tools to adjust the dimensions of the deck
- Accessorize the new deck to see how furniture and grills will look
- View designs in multiple environments (beach, suburb and forrest)
- Link up with local contractors for purchase and installation
AZEK Building Products Deck Designer features
Designed to leverage 3D product catalogs for online lead generation, the AZEK Building Products Deck Designer takes advantage of the best of WebGL to produce a comprehensive shopping experience.
- Create, revise and save as many designs as you want
- Print out comprehensive specifications for your designs, including everything you need to start construction
- 3D diagrams of your deck
- Required tools list & construction tips
- Deck part identification glossary
- Components and materials cut list
- Connector hardware guide
- Other materials recommended for the project
- Installation checklist
- Future iterations of the app will include more new features including accents, shaping tools, lighting options, upgraded environments, and day and night visualizations.
The AZEK Building Products app will work on most modern computers that include the following:
- Current browser versions of: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge
- Note: Internet Explorer is not supported due to lack of WebGL support
- 2-Button mouse with scroll wheel recommended
What is Marxent’s 3D Room Designer for Web?
3D Room Designer for Web is the WebGL-based visual configure, price and quote platform for semi-custom products that works on most browsers without a plug-in. Powered by 3D Furniture Cloud™, the 3D virtual products platform and content management system for Augmented and Virtual Reality experiences,3D Room Designer for Web pairs realistic, smart 3D products and environments with complex business rules for an unparalleled customer experience. Learn more about 3D Room Designer for Web.