Director of Design-User Experience
Marxent is the leader in Augmented and Virtual Reality for major retailers, manufacturers and homebuilders. Our mission is to deploy emerging technologies in ways that change how home goods are bought and sold. If you are an experienced Director of Design – User Experience who loves tackling big clients and tough problems, then this job is for you!
As a member of our growing team in Dayton, OH, the Director of UX-Design will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
The Director of UX-Design at Marxent is responsible for the creative vision, execution and oversight of our client experience across our client-facing owned digital properties. Responsible for UX project deliverables (strategy, site maps, journeys, wireframes, visual design, etc.), ultimately the Director of UX-Design will design the way customers interact with our brand across mobile, desktop, and experiential.
- Understand our competitive landscape by gaining insights into our target audiences and using that knowledge to develop smart solutions to design and experience challenges
- Create and drive inspirational experiences by developing a UX and Design point of view across all digital marketing platforms
- Grow and foster a design culture to create value in the organization
- Understand and weave business goals and customer needs into design solutions so that they are relevant and scalable
- Provide expert advice and guidance to other UX, Visual Design, and Copy team members by sharing best practices
- Create and empower a collaborative, design-centric culture and work across the company to promote awareness and understanding of creative process and execution
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative research (Industry reports, site analytics, a/b testing results, user testing and research) to improve designs and experiences so that design and UX can help to solve some of our greatest business challenges
- Foster collaboration with marketing, technology, product, and research teams
- Review and champion the brand experience for all marketing assets with a focus on brand expression, consistency to standards, strong design principles, etc.
- 8 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 4 years of creative leadership experience including people management and career development
- Direct responsibility for design strategy on multiple published mobile applications
- Experience working at bigger tech companies or digital agency with an ability to evolve and navigate process
- Experience leading teams around launching successful digital products and experiences
- A service mindset with the ability to empathize with and design for diverse consumer demographics and needs
- Experience working at all levels of design and the ability to jump in the trenches when necessary
- Experience in two of the following disciplines; UX, Visual Design, Copy, User Research, having specific roles or direct oversight of these roles before
- Experience working with executives and presenting creative to a wide range of senior stakeholders
- Examples of past work and creative execution
Ready to join the Marxent team?
To learn more about our team and company culture, visit marxentlabs.com/jobs. If you’re ready to take the next step, get started by filling out our online preliminary job application.
Marxent is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marxent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marxent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Marxent expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Marxent’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. APPLY NOW