We are on the hunt for an innovative and critical thinker to join our Mobile Development team at Marxent. We’re a down-to-earth company that makes out-of-this-world software and we’ve found that team members who are humble, supportive, have a sense of humor, and enjoy working and collaborating with others make the most successful additions to the Marxent family. The perfect candidate is a ninja in one or two areas and curious about many others.
On an average week you can expect to:
- Clearly communicate priorities with your team each morning
- Communicate with and implement directions given from clients about business requirements, priorities, procedures, questions, etc. into product and code
- Program 50 – 80% of the day
- Attend meetings to discuss new features and the implementation processes
- Be responsive and flexible, Magnetic is committed to great customer service and solving problems quickly
- Operate with laptops, keyboards, mice, mobile devices, and tablets
- Communicate clearly with team members
- Work within an open atmosphere with frequent collaboration between team members
- Develop, create, document, and modify projects in various computer programs
- Integrate with our backend services to make sure we are delivering a great mobile user experience
- Help improve code quality through automation and performing code reviews
- Work with design teams to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into an effective technical solution
- Knowledge in Git or in a different source control with willingness to learn Git
- Intermediate programming knowledge in:
- Desired Experience:
- Working experience with any of the following is desired:
- Android Studio
- Agile development knowledge
- Previous experience building an application from start to finish
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is required
- 1-2 years previous work experience as a mobile developer is desired
- No travel is required for this position
Ready to join the Marxent Team?
Ready to apply? Send a resume, LinkedIN (if you have one), and code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a portfolio or a previous app you’ve built that we can download, please send those details along as well and gain yourself some brownie points.
To learn more about our team and company culture, visit marxentlabs.com/jobs . If you’re ready to take the next step, get started by filling out our online preliminary job application.
Marxent is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marxent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marxent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Marxent expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Marxent’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.