2021: The Summer of 3D
2021 has been the year of 3D. Furniture e-commerce sales outperformed expectations and nearly every major furniture retailer is invested in 3D. Additionally, over the past few weeks, Apple, Snapchat, Facebook, and Google all announced refreshed features and further investments in VR, AR, and Mixed Reality wearables.
- Beyond iOS 15: How WWDC sets up the next generation of killer apps
Apple is integrating AR/VR and Mixed Reality into developer tools, allowing for the creation of virtual 3D models of real, physical objects.
- Google Search: New Augmented Reality Features #GoogleIO
We can now view live, animated demonstrations of our favorite athletes in AR. See Simone Biles land some of her hardest stunts right in front of you.
- Facebook Publishes New Report on the Future Opportunities of AR and VR
In June, Facebook published a 28-page report on where AR and VR are heading, including the future of AR/VR applications for retail. Check it out.
- Snapchat is the most used AR platform – and they are bringing Spectacles back
Snapchat Spectacles are back and better than before. These new immersive AR glasses now project virtual images into a scene directly in front of the wearer.
- Wayfair tops Q1 earnings expectations, with mobile transactions dominating
The company’s US revenue was up 42.8% to $2.8 billion and international sales were up 85%. 60% of orders were placed on a mobile device.
The Marxent Minute
Everything you need to know about what’s happening at Marxent – in less than a minute.
- VIDEO: Marxent Scene Configurator, now with Add-To-Cart
The fastest way to sell furniture bundles! In 5 minutes or less — including on mobile devices.
- Marxent Awarded E-commerce Patent for Design from Photo
While simple for shoppers to use, our Design from Photo feature solves a very big problem for retailers.
- 3D Renders, Explained
Learn how 3D rendering works in Marxent’s exclusive Essential Guide to 3D Rendering.
- Marxent mentioned in Coresight Research Insight Report
Great report that mentions how Macy’s is reducing returns with Marxent’s technology.