Marxent CEO Beck Besecker was this week’s featured guest on the Retail Tech Podcast. Beck joined host Darius Vasefi to talk about the potential for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality, and how businesses are already using these technologies to interact with consumers and upend the buying process.
In this interview, Beck and Darius discuss:
* What is the difference between AR and VR in retail?
* How has the Lowe’s project evolved and lessons learned?
* What is the biggest challenge for taking AR/VR in retail to the mainstream, is it the consumers or the companies?
* Are opportunities more in-store experience or ecommerce?
* How is 3D content created?
* What are your typical customer size?
* What is a typical implementation like?
* How has the experience working with AR headset manufacturers been?
Marxent That was fast! @IKEAUSA launches kid-focused #AugmentedReality app in just five weeks, via @CampaignLiveUS: https://t.co/qPp8DIQYDY
Marxent Congrats to @Robern on the Robern Room Designer! Built on Marxent's award-winning 3D Cloud™ platform, the Robern Ro… https://t.co/DAFL8EOYnu
Marxent Is Amazon No. 1 or No. 2 in furniture now? Via @FurnitureToday: https://t.co/XFtRnLfGSk