HTC Vive Virtual Reality design center for a custom homebuilder
This HTC Vive 3D Cloud™ design center can be used by custom homebuilders to help homebuyers configure kitchen and bath designs. The app uses specialized lighting techniques that include a combination of real-time global illumination and light probe proxy volume to keep the scene looking real while the user changes out surfaces, cabinet styles, paint colors and appliances. The bill of materials shows off all the user’s custom choices, and the dynamic interface updates to display the current configuration as they explore. Each selection is accompanied by pricing to help homebuyers stay within their budget.
To see a live demo of the app, please contact us to schedule a demo.
How this HTC Vive Virtual Reality demo app works
- Select a floor plan in advance.
- Put on the HTC Vive.
- Hold one HTC Vive peripheral hand controller to make material selections and move around in the scene.
- Gaze at the set of objects you want to change, then press a single button to cycle between the options for that object. For example, gaze at a group of cabinets, press a button and cycle the available finishes for those cabinets.
- Refine your structure by adding, removing or changing the styles of ceilings, pillars, windows, doors, or kitchen islands.
- Next, choose styles and materials for cabinets, countertops, paint and more.
- Save design and export it into a 360 video.
What is 3D Cloud™?
3D Cloud™ is the award-winning cloud-based content management system and suite of Augmented and Virtual Reality solutions for manufacturers, retailers and homebuilders. 3D Cloud™ AR and VR experiences scale to the enterprise, build buyer confidence and deliver sales.