Marxent is seeking an office manager to join us in our Dayton, OH office. The ideal candidate excels at building relationships, is a self-starter, and enjoys helping others. This person should be proactive, maintain confidentiality and professionalism — and have fun doing it. The office manager will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the office, and help improve company procedures and day-to-day operations.
Office Manager Job Duties
- Maintains all employee files and records of correspondence with confidentiality and discretion.
- Works with executive team to design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring and making necessary adjustments.
- Defines procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Generates reports and conducts market research for leadership as requested.
- Coordinate with leadership to update and maintain office policies and employee handbook
- Responsible for new hire on-boarding and setup.
- Works with vendors and leadership to coordinate the approval and process for employee leaves in accordance with plan requirements and legal regulations.
- Advises leadership on leave administration, including timekeeping and return to work requirements.
- Conduct and maintain exit interviews with immediate supervisors and leadership.
- Responsible for office shipping coordination and tracking.
- Office supplies, and furniture purchasing. Office manager will need to address employee inquiries regarding any subsequent issues.
- Responsible for timely employee expense tracking and submission.
- Coordinate and book employee travel.
- Coordinate with departmental leadership for equipment procurement and repairs.
- Schedule and organize company-wide meetings.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Externally promotes organization and employees within the community. Includes annual submissions to events like Best Places to Work.
- Promotes the development of diversity, culture, and inclusion throughout the organization.
- Develop partnerships with colleges and universities to recruit new talent.
- Develop and publish job descriptions for open positions.
- Plans, develops, directs and evaluates staffing, retention, and employee relations programs.
- With leadership input, initiate employee communications regarding benefits and act as liaison for questions, changes and potential impacts.
- Performs related work and additional duties as needed or required.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel – intermediate to advanced knowledge level required.
- Demonstrates analytical approach, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
- Has an affinity for tech savvy individuals (read: enjoys being surrounded by coders).
Office Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, HR, or equivalent. Longer term experience in role may be substituted for educational requirements.
- 3+ years in a previous office manager role or similar HR position.
- Ability to work full time in Dayton, OH office.
Ready to join the Marxent team?
To learn more about our team and company culture, visit marxentlabs.com/jobs. If you’re ready to take the next step, get started by filling out our online preliminary job application.
Marxent is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marxent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marxent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Marxent expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Marxent’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. APPLY NOW