We are on the hunt for an creative thinker and lover of nerdy things to join our Unity Development team at Marxent. We’re a down-to-earth company that makes out-of-this-world software and we’ve found that team members who are humble, supportive, have a sense of humor, and enjoy working and collaborating with others make the most successful additions to the Marxent family. The perfect candidate is a ninja in one or two areas and curious about many others.
This position is based out of Dayton, Ohio.
On an average week you can expect to:
- Drink a lot of coffee
- Hoverboard around to talk with various team members
- Have morning stand-up meetings with the team to look at tickets in JIRA and discuss priorities for the day as well as any roadblocks that you need help with
- Work within our internally built app template and extend it’s functionality into Unity
- Work with 3D artist’s and other project engineer’s to make sure everyone has what they need
- Spend most of your day programming
- Enjoy complimentary snacks and coffee
- Operate with laptops, keyboards, mice, mobile devices, tablets, and VR headsets such as the Oculus, Hololens, HTC Vive, etc.
- Communicate clearly with team members
- Move about the office to work with team members, access devices, etc.
- Must be able to work within a virtual environment, such as a VR headset, with clear vision and depth perception without becoming sick, dizzy, or fainting
- Advanced programming knowledge in Unity
- Develop, create, document, and modify projects in various computer programs
- Intermediate programming knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Working experience with any of the following is desired:
- Android Studio
- Video Game Development
- Agile development knowledge
- Previous experience building an application from start to finish
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent is preferred
- 1-2 years previous work experience in Unity is desired
- Must be able to work with various team members and deliver feedback in a positive, supportive manner
- Work hours are from 9am – 5pm, five days a week, with the exception of a daily one hour lunch break.
- No travel is required for this position
- Must be able to provide code or work samples
- This position is in an open (without cubicles) office facility in Dayton, OH
Ready to join the Marxent Team?
Ready to apply? To learn more about our team and company culture, visit marxentlabs.com/jobs . If you’re ready to take the next step, get started by filling out our online preliminary job application.
Marxent is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marxent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Marxent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Marxent expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Marxent’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. APPLY NOW